Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I started my adventure in the Mountains !

Well wow its been a quite adventurous past two weeks. I guess I will start with my last week in the CCM. My last week in the CCM was great. We had great last lessons with our investigators and had a good last week with my incredible district. Also my last week in the CCM the Lord gave me one of the hardest trials of my life. But it has been a blessing especially now that I am in the field. The last week in the CCM was hard with this new trial in my life, it was hard for me to focus and it was hard for me to help others maintain a high spririt. This is where the Lord showed me his love because everyday of the last week in the CCM, whenever I was reading or doing personal study, He showed me a new way to overcome and not think to much of that trial. He helped me understand more of why it was to happen. He helped me feel his comfort and love and I am very grateful for it. But that last week went by really fast and I had to say good bye to a lot of really good friends that I know will be my friends forever. They were great people. Now on to adventures. Well I arrived to my mission and we went to the presidents hotel floor and had lessons and ate food and learned our areas and our trainers. I got the best trainer Elder Murray, he is from Vegas and has a twin just like my companion in the CCM did! Anyway after all that the zone leaders took us to their house because we were going to stay there for the day and the next day we would go to changes and meet our trainers and go to our areas. Okay so when we did that we dropped off our stuff and then went and the zone leaders tried to kill us. I dont think I have ever walked that far, that fast, or up such steep hills in my life. But it was so much fun! Contacting for 8 and half hours was great! But after that we ended the day with lots of pizza and then woke up at 4 the next day to go to changes! Day of changes! It was great and met my amazing companion Elder Murray. We went to our awesome area called Chimatenango and it is in the mountains and is so beautiful and actually kind of cold. It rains all the time! But with that day we went and taught some lessons and contacted a lot then got home did what we were supposed to and then crashed. Woke up the next day and repeated. The next day we had a meeting for all us newbies and it went well and I learned lots but I was just excited to get back to bus contacting, street contacting, and teach our investigators. We actually baptized on of our investigators this past Sunday! His name is Mario Guzman and his a great old man who I barely got to know but he is so cool! I love these people. Everyday we do pretty much the same thing but it is so fun. We walk fast! We contact always 35 people and 10 families at least! And do it everyday. This mission is strict but we are the best because we walk to fastest, contact the most, are the most obedient, and because of it the Lord blesses us. I love this area. Cant wait to see what else the adventure brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment